How to "Set up Transmission"

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
Magkas

How to "Set up Transmission"

Post by Magkas »

Hello, this this is the second time I try to use transmission.
The first time I gave up because of the LOW speed that was giving me, so I decided to use utorrent,
even if i was liking much much more transmission as design and style.
Well, I try to find "a manual" how to set up in my mac, this program.
I use Os X 10.6.4
I need something to follow STEP BY STEP, in order to do the right settings, so I can have a good speed, and not to have to "update tracker" all the time, in case to continue seeding a torrent.
To be honest, I don't know to use it AT ALL, so I just push buttons.
So if anyone can hell me step by step, in what things I have to do and don't I would be very gradefull!
My English is a little bit bad, so I'm very sorry.

Thanks a lot,
I hope to receive some help as soon as possible

Ghiorghos
r0n1n

Re: How to "Set up Transmission"

Post by r0n1n »

Here is a simple set up guide for OS X. Its a little bit outdated, but its still OK for beginners.

http://www.simplehelp.net/2008/07/17/ho ... ient-os-x/
Magkas

Post by Magkas »

Hi again dear friends. My problem is NOT how to start using it, because these things i had made for the first time also, but my problem was the speed...
The only reason I stopped using transmitter was, because, the same torrent in utorrent, I could upload in much more speed than in transmission, and utorrent could "see" more leechers instead of utorrent, so I could upload the same file much much quicker...
The same thing with download and velocity...
For exemple, now, in the site that I upload one torrent there are more than 10 leechers, but my speed is 0kb/s in transmitter and it sees only 1-2 of them. If I upload it with utorrent it starts uploading with good speed and it sees all the leechers...
:-(

Any idea what I am not doing wrong???
I need some help to set it up right!

Thank you very much for your time, and very sorry to annoy you again.

Giorgos

ps1. when I push the button Remote / Launch web interface, when I took a look just to see if i'll find somethin, somewhere i had this message... "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 409 (Conflict)"
Magkas

Post by Magkas »

Ok I see, this program DOES NOT FUNCTION WELL!
anyway... thank you for your time, I guess it's time to use a really better program than this here...
And guys just remember, if someone asks for help, he needs it...
For This reason there are the forums.

Thank you and bye bye!