Request: Create New Torrent

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
pairofdimes

Request: Create New Torrent

Post by pairofdimes »

I think it would be nice to be able to create a new torrent through this web interface.

It could be simple, allowing you to select files from within the download folder ... or it could be complex and allow you to select files from anywhere.

Hadn't seen this suggested, and haven't figured out how to do it by command line yet, cheers
Gimp
Web Interface Developer

Post by Gimp »

You can create torrents using cli with transmissioncli -c (I think thats it, check the --help)

Adding it to clutch would be a bit complicated, and is not exactly a priority right now, but I will add it to the list of things to do in the future!
NeilP

Re: Request: Create New Torrent

Post by NeilP »

Ah shame... can it be done from the Web interface yet? I have a version of Transmission as installed ( if that is the correct word) as a service in the FreeNAS bundle.

Could I donwload the Local Transmission for my Mac, create the torrent, then upload th resulting torrent file and associated folder to share up to the remote FreeNAS box, or does the seeding have to be done by the Transmission that created it...if you get my meaning