Force 'Checking Existing Data' rather than REdownloading

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
andifall

Force 'Checking Existing Data' rather than REdownloading

Post by andifall »

Hey.

My transmission downloads everything to an external harddrive.

However, I turned on transmission on by accident when the external harddrive wasn't connected to my computer - there was no errors, it just said 'downloading'. So, I quickly quit transmission. Next time I go on, and fire up a torrent, it says it's downloading and not checking existing data (essentially re-downloading the entire file)

I have had this problem before, and to make the file force a recheck of it's existing data, I had to redownload the torrent file. I can't do that atm as I have a total of 213 torrents (mostly seeding) and it would take me at least a whole day to find and download all of the existing torrents.

Tl;dr - I guess all I'm asking is - Is there a way of FORCING a file, or multiple files to recheck their existing data??

Thanks for any responces :)

andifall
andifall

Re: Force 'Checking Existing Data' rather than REdownloading

Post by andifall »

Yep, this works. Thanks a lot x190!

andifall
floringo2007

Re: Force 'Checking Existing Data' rather than REdownloading

Post by floringo2007 »

This same problem has plagued me for the last 2-3 years...wouldn't it just be easier for Transmission to check first that all drives/locations are present and state so before just blindly continuing? I have had, on average, 350 files that I'm sharing forever. But after the last incident, I'm down to less than 30 because I just don't have the time to verify existing data on 300 files!!