Error: Unable to save resume file: No such file or directory

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
qnapper

Post by qnapper »

Using a Qnap NAS.

Installed transmission and started the daemon using the user "transmission".

Somehow i get this error after a short while when downloading a torrent:

Trying to use the "admin" user instead when starting the daemon i do not get this error. So the transmission user does not got the right permission to write to some file?

The transmission user got read/write access on both the --config-dir and the --download-dir does it need access somewhere else?
blackjancsi

Re: Error: Unable to save resume file: No such file or direc

Post by blackjancsi »

Hi,

I have a Western Digital MyBook World Edition II (blue ring), have the exact same problem. The problem only comes up when I don't run transmission as root, but with

Code: Select all

sudo -u username transmission-daemon
The config and download directories are owned by the transmission user. What could be wrong? (I recently did a firmware upgrade to have an external hard drive on NTFS running, and as I was stupid enough not to backup everything well, now I have to reconfigure transmission... ouch)

Anyone, any ideas?

Thx,
Janos
blackjancsi

Re: Error: Unable to save resume file: No such file or direc

Post by blackjancsi »

OK, I managed to find the solution. I had to give BOTH the config and download dirs as params to transmission-daemon (so I guess it took that from the root .config, not that users .json file), and now it works:

Code: Select all

sudo -u transuser transmission-daemon -g /home/transuser/.config/transmission-daemon/ -w /shares/internal/PUBLIC/downloads/
Hope that helps.

Janos