new to Mac, new to Transmission

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
boregeek

new to Mac, new to Transmission

Post by boregeek »

Hello. If I were not a new Mac user, I could probably figure this out. But...

I just installed Transmission on my new Mac. I have successfully downloaded two torrents. When they were finished, I did a little search for them, found them, and watched them. They work splendidly.

But, I just downloaded a third one. It looks like it worked just like the others. It's all completed. But, I cannot locate the actual .avi file. when i click on the torrent and click the "i" button, it says there should be an .avi file. But, I search the machine and the only .avi files are the other two that I already know work. I am very confused.

Thank you!
boregeek

Re: new to Mac, new to Transmission

Post by boregeek »

Thanks for that quick reply. I appreciate it.

It did not work. When I click on the magnifying glass for either of the two functioning downloads, it takes me to the downloads folder that contains the AVI file. For this torrent though, when I click the magnifying glass, it just highlights the selected torrent in blue. It does not take me to the downloads folder or any folder at all, for that matter.
Rolcol

Re: new to Mac, new to Transmission

Post by Rolcol »

If you can't find it and Transmission still has the torrent, move it to a location you can easily find. Select the torrent, File > Move Data File To..., and select a folder like your Desktop to find it easily.