WI Question

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
dmosk

WI Question

Post by dmosk »

First of all, thanks. Brilliant client.
Now to my two questions

(1) When I am seeding out of the regular client and then launch the web client, they seem to be doing two separate seeding instances. I.E. the upload rate on the webclient doesn't at all correspond to the one given by the application itself. Are these two separate uploads? Does having both running upload more? Or is there just a loading/calculating difference and they really represent the same stream of data?

And

(2) What is the actual practical outcome of the new features "Stop Seeding When Inactive For:" and "Transfer is stalled when inactive for"? Do these just pause a transfer without seeds or peers? and is it permanent or does it check every so often? Can't find a manual.

I posted this elsewhere a few weeks ago and got no answers, hoping this one will fare better...
Anyways, thanks again,
Daniel
Rolcol

Re: WI Question

Post by Rolcol »

1. Launching the webui doesn't create a new instance of Transmission. If you're seeing a difference in the reported speed, it's either the base used to calculate the units on Mac or a loading difference. You're not running extra transfers.
  2. "Stop seeding when inactive for" stops a torrent when Transmission has not uploaded at all for that length of time. E.g. If that's set to 30, Transmission will stop seeding a torrent if no one has asked for anything in 30 minutes. "Transfer is stalled when inactive for" is a feature for the queue. This setting will mark a torrent as stalled and another torrent that has been queued up, and not running, will be given a chance to seed or download.