Custom Location in Groups not working, saves to Downloads

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
transparent

Custom Location in Groups not working, saves to Downloads

Post by transparent »

I just got around to setting up a more automated TV torrent system. I set a Group for TV shows to have a "Custom Location" on an external drive.

Transmission is correctly assigning the Group to the right torrents, but the downloaded torrents are saving to ~/Downloads instead of the folder specified in the Custom Location.

Other details that might be relevant: my default download location is "same as torrent file" and I have an "incomplete" folder on the same external drive that seems to be working fine.

What am I doing wrong here? How do I get the downloaded files to go to the folder set in the group? Thanks for any help.
transparent

Re: Custom Location in Groups not working, saves to Download

Post by transparent »

As an update, it looks like torrents that were assigned a group manually download properly to the custom location, but the ones that are assigned based on criteria do not?

Is anyone else experiencing this?
transparent

Post by transparent »

Thanks... did a search but didn't click through since I don't use Transdroid. So it's a bug... hoping it gets fixed soon.
pooploser

Post by pooploser »

hello. i have also encountered this error. when adding a torrent over the webinterface, it gets downloaded to the default download location, even though they actually get added to groups, their custom locations are bypassed.
i am new to these forums and this is my first post, i am just wondering if this issue will be addressed. please don't be too rough on me if an answer to my question has been given somewhere else already.
if the developers are aware of this issue, roughly when could we expect a fix for it (i am not naive, don't worry, i know they have a life, too, it's just a question)? the web interface of transmission is a very helpful and great tool. i am a plugin writer for the media center plex and have written some parts for the transmission plugin. the only thing that prevents it from working perfectly is this lil' issue.
i read somewhere there is a ticket about this already, but i couldn't find it. therefore i just wanted to ask that question.
hope it's not a too big a deal to fix, would be fantastic to be able to have transmission sorting automatically (according to your groups) where your torrents are downloaded to, when steering the webinterface using a remote from the sofa in your lounge (over plex).
other than that, keep up the great work on this fabulous piece of software! thank you!