Require authentication only from external IP addresses

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
richante

Require authentication only from external IP addresses

Post by richante »

I'd like to configure the web interface to allow local users (i.e. 192.168.0.*) to add/remove/view torrents without requiring a password, while users from all other addresses (i.e. not on my subnet) should give a password.
However, the options in settings.json seem to require that either all users must give a password, or no one needs to.

Is it possible for me to set the web interface up in this way?
richante

Re: Require authentication only from external IP addresses

Post by richante »

So, I couldn't find any way of doing this. In the end, I downloaded the source, modified libtransmission/rpc-server.c to have the behaviour I wanted, and used this version.
lazybones

Post by lazybones »

Would be nice if this was a feature.
westonthenet

Post by westonthenet »

richante wrote:So, I couldn't find any way of doing this. In the end, I downloaded the source, modified libtransmission/rpc-server.c to have the behaviour I wanted, and used this version.
I too would like to have this feature, unfortunately I'm not an experienced Linux user and so I'm not familiar with how to modify the source, what modifications to make, or even how to recompile.

Could you post how you did this as I woul very much like to do the same?
RcNorth

Post by RcNorth »

I would also be interested in learning how you did this so that I could make the same changes.