Ticket 4621 (seeding progress bar not showing) NOT fixed

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
gunzip

Re: Ticket 4621 (seeding progress bar not showing) NOT fixed

Post by gunzip »

rb07 wrote:I remember changing the reverse bar (an older version used to show seeding as a decreasing left-to-right bar)
OK that's what i'm seeing with v2.50 - weird but it's actually the complement of the seeding progress bar

what about torrent bars in general? mine are always blue ..
rb07

Post by rb07 »

That's the main change I made there, I color the progress bars: blue/grey for downloading, green/light-green for seeding.

So the seeding bar is still an inverse kind of bar? There is a ticket about that: Share ratio progress bar indication counter-intuitive, I've improved looks by changing styles to QtCurve (I hard-coded it in the application).
gunzip

Post by gunzip »

rb07 wrote:So the seeding bar is still an inverse kind of bar? There is a ticket about that: Share ratio progress bar indication counter-intuitive, I've improved looks by changing styles to QtCurve (I hard-coded it in the application).
I'm now at 95% of seeding goal but bar is shrunk to around 5%, so yes it is definitely inverse, but at least i know now. That ticket was originally filed against GTK version so in any event this issue is already widely known, and ticket is still open.
rb07 wrote:That's the main change I made there, I color the progress bars: blue/grey for downloading, green/light-green for seeding.
OK that's a nice improvement that only people using your Windows version will see. Too bad your changes can't be ported to *nix.
rb07

Post by rb07 »

gunzip wrote:Too bad your changes can't be ported to *nix.
Who says that?

Its a Qt application, same code can be build for Mac, Linux, other Unix, and Windblows.

This change is just a few lines. I have others that fix some other bugs (just this week I found the code that chooses the icons shown for the files in the torrent properties has a few minor bugs that prevented some icons to show or showed the wrong icon -- and that was a feature that didn't work on Windows or Mac, I had to add the icons which is not needed in Linux).
gunzip

Post by gunzip »

Well that's good news .. it would be nice to see your patch for changing the colors of the qt progress bars. I would think the developers would push it right through as you have already done the work.

UPDATE:

rb07, i saw your recent color-progress-bar.patch for qt in ticket 4389 and it works great.

http://i44.tinypic.com/207tjti.png

this is big improvement for the QT interface, especially for all the *nix users.
cfpp2p

Post by cfpp2p »

Hi Guys,

I created a patch to fix the most recent bug you've been experiencing.

I've attached it to:

https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/4621

It works fine but there were pre-existing issues with refresh so we'll see what the devs will do.
But anyway the patch is working fine in general.

( ps. aarrggggg --- I can't seem to upload anything to the forum so here is download link to:
http://computerfixpro.com/ratio.zip )
rhester72

Post by rhester72 »

Much thanks! Light local testing looks good!

Rodney
cfpp2p

Post by cfpp2p »

Patch updated to correct issues with inactive torrents not being refreshed when the seed ratio preferences are changed in the web client's preferences dialog.

https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/4621#comment:8

http://computerfixpro.com/ratio-rfsh.zip
cfpp2p

Post by cfpp2p »

INFO:

current patch -->
Thorough testing, NO bugs.

Let me know if you find any.

Thanks
gunzip

Post by gunzip »

cfpp2p wrote:INFO:

current patch -->
Thorough testing, NO bugs.

Let me know if you find any.

Thanks
on some initial testing your ratio-rfsh.patch does solve the previous problem of the global seed limits not showing as a seed progress bar, but i noticed i have to manually refresh the web-ui for any current changes to register,i.e.

transmission-remote --global-seedratio 1.1
localhost:9091/transmission/rpc/ responded: "success"

this does not reflect in the web-ui until i manually refresh the page, or leave the page and come back to it. maybe this is more of a quirk than a bug.

otherwise this is big step in the right direction.
cfpp2p

Post by cfpp2p »

this does not reflect in the web-ui until i manually refresh the page, or leave the page and come back to it. maybe this is more of a quirk than a bug.
If you use the Web GUI (instead of transmission-remote) to change the
global seeding ratio [(wrench icon)edit preferences --> [Torrents] -- Seeding -- [x] "Stop seeding at ratio { xx.xxx }]
then all is well, updates immediately after the preferances dialog is closed. :D
or leave the page and come back to it
Using transmission-remote AND only if the torrent is inactive (zero leechers) at the moment then update happens as soon as torrent becomes active so that is why the wait.

For individual torrents that you change to a specific non-global ratio via transmission-remote and happen to be inactive you can just open and close the preferences dialog for immediate update.

this is more of a quirk than a bug
yes
gunzip

Post by gunzip »

cfpp2p wrote:If you use the Web GUI (instead of transmission-remote) to change the
global seeding ratio [(wrench icon)edit preferences --> [Torrents] -- Seeding -- [x] "Stop seeding at ratio { xx.xxx }]
then all is well, updates immediately after the preferances dialog is closed.
yes, you are right .. using the web-ui for global seed ratio the change is updated immediately even when the torrent has no leechers. i also toggled it on/off a few times and all looked good.
cfpp2p wrote:Using transmission-remote AND only if the torrent is inactive (zero leechers) at the moment then update happens as soon as torrent becomes active so that is why the wait.

For individual torrents that you change to a specific non-global ratio via transmission-remote and happen to be inactive you can just open and close the preferences dialog for immediate update.
that's what happened in my first tests of a torrent - there were no leechers downloading at the time ( i didn't know that might effect the updates) so it didn't auto-update. i've since tried another torrent (but this one was active) and the screen refreshed automatically when i used transmission-remote to set seed ratio on a specific torrent.

i agree it's a minor quirk and not a bug , so yes your patch looks very good to me.
cfpp2p

Post by cfpp2p »

can someone verify for me that the current fix added to trunk https://trac.transmissionbt.com/changeset/13271 correctly shows the global seed ratio bars correctly, I'm not able to get the global seed ratio bars to show with firefox or opera browsers.

https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/4621#comment:15
gunzip

Post by gunzip »

in initial testing both the individual and global seed progress bars in the web-ui are now working for me, using latest svn update

transmission-daemon 2.51+ (13283) and Firefox 11.0
cfpp2p

Post by cfpp2p »

I figured out the problem. I just needed to get TRANSMISSION_HOME and TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME both configured correctly for my setup.