Transmission problems on QNAP 210

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Andrewkha

Transmission problems on QNAP 210

Post by Andrewkha »

Hi!

I'm running Transmission on the QNAP TS 210 NAS. Some time ago I noiced a very strange behavior of the tool.
When some torrent download is finished the following happens:

1. The downloaded file is not being moved to the target folder, it stays in \Qdownload\transmission\incomplete
2. NAS behaves strange - starts noising, some management features do not work - when I try to logon to web file management, I get access denied. After the NAS restart everything gets back to normal.
3. QPKG page doesn't show any installed packages...

After the NAS restart everything gets back to normal.
So after each torrent download I have to move the file to target folder manually and restart the NAS... It's really annoying...

What can be the reason and how to fix it? I really don't want to get back to the NAS built it torrent client
blacke4dawn

Re: Transmission problems on QNAP 210

Post by blacke4dawn »

Considering that management and QPKG page aren't working "properly" then there are multiple faults with it, and most of them seem to have nothing to do with Transmission itself. So I suggest you go to the manufacturers forum/support-page and get it properly running in general before "fixing" Transmission, it just might be so that fixing the general problems will also fix the problems you have with Transmission.
Andrewkha

Post by Andrewkha »

One more thing I noticed - all torrents are downloaded only at 99.9% probably that's why it's not moved to the destination folder
Lutin

Post by Lutin »

Transmission works well on my Qnap 219P II. Make sure you are using latest firmware and softwares.

My configuration:
Qnap firmware: version 3.7.3 Build 20120801
Transmission: 2.61-b18
Optware: 0.99.163