hook up GUI to remote RPC?

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
jcpunk

hook up GUI to remote RPC?

Post by jcpunk »

I've got a few headless boxes I'm setting up for seeding and was wondering - can I hook up the GTK version on my desktop to the RPC interface on the remote systems?

The web interface is OK but I prefer the feel of the GTK app.
rb07

Re: hook up GUI to remote RPC?

Post by rb07 »

jcpunk wrote: can I hook up the GTK version on my desktop to the RPC interface on the remote systems?
No.

But you can do it with the Qt version (Transmission-Qt which is in a separate package in Linux distributions). Just use the "remote session", and if you want to connect to all of your headless boxes, then use a different configuration for each (i.e. a different parameter -g <config-dir> for each instance, running one instance of the application for each daemon).
lazybones

Post by lazybones »

There are also several 3rd party frontends listed on the main page, however most of them look like uTorrent or more traditional clients, they don't follow transmissions minimal look.
dublinus

Post by dublinus »

rb07 wrote:
jcpunk wrote: can I hook up the GTK version on my desktop to the RPC interface on the remote systems?
No.

But you can do it with the Qt version (Transmission-Qt which is in a separate package in Linux distributions). Just use the "remote session", and if you want to connect to all of your headless boxes, then use a different configuration for each (i.e. a different parameter -g <config-dir> for each instance, running one instance of the application for each daemon).
Can this be done with the Mac version? It's not GTK or QT as far as I understand.
rb07

Post by rb07 »

dublinus wrote:Can this be done with the Mac version?
No.