Checksum problem on Transmission 2.77 (Ubuntu 12.10)

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
mie

Checksum problem on Transmission 2.77 (Ubuntu 12.10)

Post by mie »

I have the following problem with Transmission 2.77 on Ubuntu 12.10 (amd64 build): Transmission reports finishing a torrent, while it's not fully downloaded. First it says, that a torrent has been successfully 100% downloaded, After some time and several restarts it finds out that the data checksum is wrong and the torrent is 99% downloaded. It continues and gets the necessary part. Also I've never seen it being wrong twice for each single torrent, though I'm not sure.

Futhermore, it's noticeable when I download a torrent form one tracker and cross-seed it plus for three-four other trackers. First I get the data 100% complete. Then I download same torrent for another tracker and sometimes it shows that 1 file in a pack is not fully downloaded, say 93%. It shouldn't be, but it is. The trackers are private, DHT, PEX and the rest 'public' options and disabled according to tracker's instructions. Even when I work with a single public tracker, and check 'checksum' again with vuze I may get 99% in vuze and 100% in Transmission.

tl;dr. Something strange with transmission checksums, please help. Recalculation local data for finished non-completed torrents doesn't find any mistakes whatever.
mie

Re: Checksum problem on Transmission 2.77 (Ubuntu 12.10)

Post by mie »

No, it's not. The disk is half full and has never been full. By the way that partition is encrypted using standard Ubuntu way, if this may make difference.