Inspector does not display UL speed correctly for peers

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
dwdockins

Inspector does not display UL speed correctly for peers

Post by dwdockins »

Nice job on 2.80... but then, I've never had a problem with Transmission and wouldn't know the difference!

BUT... now I notice that when I invoke the Inspector screen and select the 'head and shoulders' icon (peers), although the constantly varying peer traffic is shown, the upload (UL) column is flaky. It inconsistently displays UL speed, by being vacant, sporadic or just plain in error.

I can't say about the DL column as I haven't downloaded lately.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks, dwdockins
dwdockins

Re: Inspector does not display UL speed correctly for peers

Post by dwdockins »

Thanks for the trouble ticket information.
Observing more closely, I also see the problem with the number of peers shown in the main panel.
Although my upload seeding seems to be proceeding along quite well at a fairly fast clip, displayed peer information in terms of number of peers as well as upload speed have both gone funky with 2.80.
Being blinded as to this information and not being able to tell at a glance what the program is actually doing has rendered using Transmission very disconcerting. I hope it can be fixed with 2.81?
Thanks for letting me know I am not crazy!
Thanks, dwdockins
Passion4diving

Post by Passion4diving »

A bit surprised that the priority level is marked as low. Development team has historically shown a temperament for excellence in fixing something that worked well on a prior release.
dwdockins

Post by dwdockins »

DIdn't realize folks might need my running specs. Here they are:
Hardware Overview:
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM91.008D.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.45f0

System Software Overview:
System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0
Boot Volume: 640-640GB HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Not Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No

Thanks, dwdockins
Passion4diving

Post by Passion4diving »

Yes, I am running 10.6.8

Up loading seems to be working as expected. The only surprise about the upgrade is the display of the upload rates in the individual torrents. The total upload rate seems not to match the individual upload rates. Upload is working, it is the display of who is doing the upload that is broken.

So how, as a 5 year user, change the priority of a ticket? Thought that was the opinion of the developers.
Lord of the Rings

Post by Lord of the Rings »

Transmission 2.80

Uploading torrent. Inspector shows the client, their download % which does change but no figures for upload. On the program's main interface it shows the torrent as uploading but strangely gives zero figure for connected peers. I guess this affects different people in a different way, but appears something has gone amiss with this version release.

Edit: forgot to mention I'm running OSX 10.6.8. MacPro 2008 dual quad 3.2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 4x1TB HD, L2/processor 12 MB, GeoForce 8800GT. This particular torrent 7 seeders, 2 leechers. I only downloaded 60 odd percent of this torrent a year or so ago because I already possessed the remainder.
Attachments
Transmission-Inspector-zero-upload.gif
Transmission-Inspector-zero-upload.gif (12.05 KiB) Viewed 7587 times
Lord of the Rings

Post by Lord of the Rings »

I've just tested Transmission 2.80 on OSX 10.8.3 via Parallels. I do get upload figures in the inspector but the speeds do not match the overall program upload speed. Example, the program upload for the single torrent is around 60 KB/s but most hosts in the inspector are showing minimal upload speed. I think this is similar to what Passion4diving was saying on their Transmission.

Forgot to snapshot that part, under the torrent listing in main interface, it does correctly show how many peers it is uploading to out of how many, unlike on OSX 10.6. But I would have thought this figure would represent how many it is connected to, not uploading to, perhaps I misunderstood that part. But for 10.6 that figure is highly inconsistent. At moment on 10.6 uploading to 3 torrents, one figure shows zero peers connected/uploading to underneath the torrent listing, the other two torrents show 1 out of 1.
Attachments
Transmission-uploads-crazy-lol.png
Transmission-uploads-crazy-lol.png (19.19 KiB) Viewed 7574 times
dwdockins

Post by dwdockins »

Installed 2.81 and this problem seems to be fixed. Thanks and a hat tip to The Mighty Transmission Players.