Downloading doesn't begin

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
weybrew

Downloading doesn't begin

Post by weybrew »

Earlier today I entered a URL for downloading, Transmission began downloading the file as usual. Now, shortly after I've entered add'l URLs yet nothing is happening. I've changed nothing and the "START" is greyed out. Am I missing something?
Win7 x64
rb07

Re: Downloading doesn't begin

Post by rb07 »

weybrew wrote:Am I missing something?
A good description ;-)

From the little information you give, my guess is that those additional URL's are not valid torrents, so Transmission just ignores the garbage. Actually I've never tried adding bad URLs, so I don't really know what happens.

Depending on what you really mean by "URL", some sites have javascript instead of a real URL to either a .torrent file, or a magnet link; those don't work by using the URL, you have to actually run the javascript to receive whatever they want to send you.

Also:
weybrew wrote:Win7 x64
Windows is not supported here. My release at SourceForge, and also cfpp2p's release, are un-official releases, and they have their own support forum.
weybrew

Re: Downloading doesn't begin

Post by weybrew »

Thanks for the reply, rb07. I click on File>Open URl and paste in the address I copied from the magnet icon in Some Tracker listing. At any rate, some time later Transmission starting working again, all at once and has been fine since (?).