Different call scripts for different groups?

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
aminoglycine

Different call scripts for different groups?

Post by aminoglycine »

Hi all,

Transmission assigns each of my torrents to a group based on the tracker information. I also have a call script that copies a completed torrent's data to a "postprocessing" folder, so the files can be renamed/moved for my media server, but the original copies are kept for seeding.

I'd like to be able to put completed torrent data of different groups in different "postprocessing" folders, because I have different applications needing to postprocess depending on the datatype (shows,movies, etc). Is this possible, or is there another way to do this I'm not thinking of?
rale09

Re: Different call scripts for different groups?

Post by rale09 »

You could just set up folder actions in Automator to copy the files based on filetype (if this is a viable option to you, because you mentioned tracker information, so I'm not sure what you want). You can automatically copy the files once they're downloaded, and leave the original intact. If you want something more, try Hazel, might suit you better.
transparent

Re: Different call scripts for different groups?

Post by transparent »

Wondering if there is any change to this? I am using FileBot to automatically rename and move shows and movies, and I use groups in Transmission to group other types of downloads like games and apps. What I would like to do is be able to either have no script for certain groups, or attach a different script for certain groups to do other post-processing. Is this possible right now? As far as I can tell, there is no environment variable for the Transmission group, so I wouldn't be able to add an if/then condition to an existing script.