Transmission client for seagate stct8000100?

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
pjd813

Transmission client for seagate stct8000100?

Post by pjd813 »

Is there a transmission client for the seagate NAS mentioned above? One that will allow transmission to download while the main mac is shut down?

Thanks
pjd813

Re: Transmission client for seagate stct8000100?

Post by pjd813 »

(Bump)

I have access to this server from seagate. It's the 2-bay 8TB model and their documentation and support is very weak. I know just enough about systems to get myself into deep do-doo very quickly.

What I would love to do is set many torrents in a queue in an application on the NAS and then turn the computer off for a few days, leaving all download tasks to the NAS. I would also be able to kill the HVAC in the room with the computer since the NAS and the workstation are in different rooms.

I hope that this is doable.

Thanks,
Pete D.
pjd813

Re: Transmission client for seagate stct8000100?

Post by pjd813 »

Once more with feeling:

I'm not finding much about this topic when I do a search on this board - although I'm pretty sure some of the threads I've looked through addressed pieces of my concern-I'm just too thick to "get it".

Am I asking the wrong question? The web interface for this NAS makes reference to Torrents in starting up the download manager - and then makes no further reference to how this is to be accomplished. Instead of asking for a specific solution for this NAS should I be looking for a more generic approach to accomplishing downloads to a server while my workstation is off?

This drive has an area in the web interface for loading non seagate "apps" but I haven't seen any of those yet.

Any help is appreciated.......