Transmission copies files when asked to delete them!?

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
maki.ato

Transmission copies files when asked to delete them!?

Post by maki.ato »

This is a weird one.
I asked Transmission Daemon to delete a torrent and its data, a folder with ~30G of files.
I know that transmission doesn't have permissions to delete the files: I'm cross seeding them. They were downloaded on my PC and copied over to the NAS.

What's going on is somewhat baffling. Lets say the torrent folder's name is Tor_Folder. Transmission is copying that folder with its content (reminder ~30G of files) to a sub folder it just created named Tor_Folder_eWIKCL, so the full folder structure is: /base_complete_torrents_folder/Tor_Folder/Tor_Folder_eWIKCL/Tor_Folder/

While that's going on, the contents of /base_complete_torrents_folder/Tor_Folder doesn't change.

What's going on? Why the seemingly redundant file copy?

Edit: Now that it's ended (actually, it ran out of HDD space) that temp folder and it's content were deleted and the torrent files was deleted.
maki.ato

Re: Transmission copies files when asked to delete them!?

Post by maki.ato »

x190 wrote:
Edit: Now that it's ended (actually, it ran out of HDD space) that temp folder and it's content were deleted and the torrent files was deleted.
Yeah, that's how the code works. Basically you need 30 GBs to delete 30 GBs. There's a reason behind it, but it's a long boring story.
Now I'm curious. If you've got the time to share it (shorthand, or point me in the right direction) I'm more than willing to listen and learn.
maki.ato

Post by maki.ato »

Holy crap, what a convoluted piece of code.
freddy96

Post by freddy96 »

Try LongPathTool for transmission file name too long error.. :)