Tab/Button to show only Uploading torrents

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
toss

Tab/Button to show only Uploading torrents

Post by toss »

In the tab buttons accross the top of the main window there's buttons to show only Active, Downloading, Seeding or Paused torrents.

I'd like an easy way to display only torrents that are currently Uploading.
I imagine such a button could sit next to the Downloading button quite happily.
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Re: Tab/Button to show only Uploading torrents

Post by mike.dld »

I'm afraid to get the answer, but does your Transmission look anything like this?

mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Post by mike.dld »

On a serious note, "uploading" is the same as "seeding". Are you talking about torrents which are *only* uploading, and not downloading at the same time? Otherwise I can't see why "seeding" isn't enough.
toss

Post by toss »

Mike.did - not sure what you mean in your first reply? If you're referring to my version, I'm running 2.84 (14306)

But yes, specifically I'd like a button for torrents which are *only* uploading. Or maybe a better way of describing that is torrents that are *currently* uploading (as they may be downloading too, if they're a freshly posted but slow torrent with a large swarm).

I seed many, many torrents, my Seeding list is in the 100s. But maybe only 1 or 2 at a time are ever being grabbed. When I see upload activity flickering in my dock icon, it's hard to see quickly in the list which ones it is that are uploading.
achaia3

Post by achaia3 »

I came here through searching Google for the way to make Transmission (2.92+ on Mac) display currently uploading torrents. Coming from uTorrent, I am accustomed to "Seeding" showing potentially seeding, "Downloading" showing potentially downloading (not yet complete), "Active" showing currently downloading or uploading and "Paused" showing anything else. These seem entirely reasonable to me. I have more than 1000 torrents seeding, so my "active" and "seeding" tabs in Transmission are basically identical and I have no hope of quickly finding what is actually active at the moment.