[SOLVED] All Torrents Missing Following Upgrade

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
steamship

[SOLVED] All Torrents Missing Following Upgrade

Post by steamship »

I have Transmission running on an Asustor NAS for downloading files from a private tracker, as that is the only torrent client that I can get to work. I've been running v2.92 until today, when I decided to update to v2.94. However, when I now go into Transmission, there are no torrents listed and there should be 17 of them. I've not changed any of the default settings within Transmission in this version or the previous one (if I did, it was well over a year ago). Any ideas on how I can get these torrents back into the list again so that they can continue seeding?
Last edited by steamship on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steamship

Re: All Torrents Missing Following Upgrade

Post by steamship »

Well, to answer my own question, I've found a way to do it. Since the torrent file is stored as well, all I did was to select all the torrents again to download. Transmission then checks them, and finds them downloaded and ready for seeding.

... but now I've found another problem :(
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Re: All Torrents Missing Following Upgrade

Post by mike.dld »

Which client are you using (web UI, GTK+, Qt)? If you SSH into the box and execute `transmission-remote -l`, are the torrents being listed? If you SSH into the box, execute `transmission-remote -si`, take "Configuration directory" path from the output and do `ls <that directory>/torrents`, do you see the 17 .torrent files corresponding to your torrents being listed? What's the output of `getent passwd $(ps ao uid,comm | grep '[t]ransmi' | awk '{print $1}') | cut -d: -f6`?
steamship

Re: [SOLVED] All Torrents Missing Following Upgrade

Post by steamship »

Thanks Mike for replying, but I just beat you to it in replying to myself. BTW, on the Asustor NAS, there is a web UI.