WEB remote outside LAN

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
fuga

WEB remote outside LAN

Post by fuga »

Works fine on the machine with Transmission running. Nothing on any other machine on the LAN nor outside the LAN.

URL is http://publicIP:9091/transmission/web/

I am new to Transmission and hoping I'm not doing/missing something obvious!
Mychip

Re: WEB remote outside LAN

Post by Mychip »

Hi, well first of all you have to allow connections to it in the firewall settings (if you have a firewall, or if its turned on).

Second, if you are trying to access it from your internal network, try it with your local ip, not public ip address.

If you are trying to access it from outside your network you have to forward the port to your computer in the router settings, besides turning off the firewall on the computer.
fuga

Post by fuga »

Port is properly forwarded. :(

And ... inexplicably now works. Hate mysteries. Old enough to not give a damn as long as it works.

Yep, the local IP works. Thanks for that. Or should I say, 'Du-uh!'? :)
Mychip

Post by Mychip »

Yeah :D, I am happy that it works.
fuga

Post by fuga »

Mychip wrote:Yeah :D, I am happy that it works.
:thumbsup:
KaleighPineda

Post by KaleighPineda »

I can see him pulling it off. He is now real aware of the wisecracking, wry, macho piece. So getting the identity right is just not excessively troublesome. At this time easily photo him with a blonde flattop, stogie and beautifully retro hues. Now not terrible, correct? Better suppose it, I suppose he has this clinched.