How to create torrent in Transmission

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
Kerri715

How to create torrent in Transmission

Post by Kerri715 »

Hello,

I am new to Transmission, I used to use a different torrent program but my NAS (Qnap) supports Transmission.

I am able to download and seed a torrent, but I cannot find how I can seed my own files for others, to trackers.

I looked everywhere on the Web Client, I downloaded the Transmission Remote Dotnet client, I downloaded the Transmission Remote GUI but I cannot find how.

Could someone explain me how to seed files?

Thank you.
sharpy55

Re: How to create torrent in Transmission

Post by sharpy55 »

I have the same issue. I find it to be very frustrating to find you asked this question 3 months ago and no one has replied. What’s the point of a forum if no one answers?
killemov

Re: How to create torrent in Transmission

Post by killemov »

Kerri715 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:22 am Hello,

I am new to Transmission, I used to use a different torrent program but my NAS (Qnap) supports Transmission.

I am able to download and seed a torrent, but I cannot find how I can seed my own files for others, to trackers.

I looked everywhere on the Web Client, I downloaded the Transmission Remote Dotnet client, I downloaded the Transmission Remote GUI but I cannot find how.

Could someone explain me how to seed files?

Thank you.
AFAIK there is a specific command line tool included with Transmission to create a torrent.
sharpy55 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:16 pm I have the same issue. I find it to be very frustrating to find you asked this question 3 months ago and no one has replied. What’s the point of a forum if no one answers?
Apparently forums are just not cool anymore and most people go to social media or more specifically: GitHub. I only visit the forum to check if there are posts on the web interface I created. And I answer a couple of unrelated questions such as this one while I'm here anyway.