Accidentally deleted torrent and now I cannot seed it anymore

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
arielpontes

Accidentally deleted torrent and now I cannot seed it anymore

Post by arielpontes »

How can I restart seeding a torrent after I accidentally deleted it from Transmission? Is it possible? The file is still safe and sound in my disk, I just can't seed it anymore.
sylvain20

Re: Accidentally deleted torrent and now I cannot seed it anymore

Post by sylvain20 »

Hi,

I'm moving files from transmission from a local xubuntu desktop, to a seedbox using transmission daemon.
I successfully added a downloaded torrent to the seedbox, here is what I did, that may help you:

Copy the torrent to the new download-dir:

The local download-dir is: $HOME/Téléchargements/
The download-dir on the seedbox is: /media/downloads/

Code: Select all

cd ~/.config/transmission
rsync -P ~/Téléchargements/2020-02-13-raspbian-buster-lite.zip pi@192.168.1.50:/media/downloads/
The 2020-02-13-raspbian-buster-lite.zip was finished successfully on the local xubuntu desktop.

The .torrent was still on the local xubuntu in ~/.config/transmission/torrents

So adding the .torrent to the transmission daemon do the move.
It will verify data and start seeding from here.

I added the .torrent from command line, having configured my access restriction and password accordingly:

Code: Select all

$ transmission-remote --add ./2020-02-13-raspbian-buster-lite.zip.2213f24bca403166.torrent 
It also works from the web remote interface with uploading my local .torrent file or pasting a torrent Link.

If you miss the .torrent you may be able to re-download it from the original source.
You may use your browser history to recover it.

Hope that helps.

Regards.