Transferring systems

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Rekishi

Transferring systems

Post by Rekishi »

Sorry if this is a very noob question. Have to rebuild my file server and while my home directory will stay in tact, the rest of the root file system risks being nixed. I've backed up my configs but is there a way to bind all my currently active seeds so that I can just load them back in an install of transmission with their directory structure in tact?
killemov

Re: Transferring systems

Post by killemov »

If you want to do this without massively rechecking all your torrents, you must save all the data within the transmission-daemon working directory. (Including resume files and torrent files with some hash in the filename.) On Debian based systems this would be /var/lib/transmission-daemon/info/ .
kanaske

Re: Transferring systems

Post by kanaske »

I have alsmost the same question with ubuntu. I have all my torrents on an external hard drive and need to move this to another ubuntu system. Should I just take the whole conents of the dir mentioned and copy it to the new system with the new install of transmission? Thanks in advance