Can't find existing data

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
bezerihi

Can't find existing data

Post by bezerihi »

Due to a corrupted HD on my MBP, I've been using my windows desktop for the past few months. Last week I was finally able to install a new HD in my laptop and load everything back on. While on windows, I used uTorrent to dl lots of things, and not all were done. I transferred all the files over to the mac. I went through and took off the .!ut extension, set correct permissions on all the files and folders, loaded up Transmission, added them, and tried to verify local data. This worked perfectly for 30 of my transfers. There are 11 however, that won't recognize the existing data. I checked all the folder and file names, etc. On some of them, I will click "Verify Local Data" and the text under the progress bar will give me percents complete of the data it's checking, but once it finishes, it still recognizes 0 bytes. Any ideas?
Last edited by bezerihi on Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
anonomot

Re: Can't find existing data

Post by anonomot »

I'm having the same problem. I had to reupload all of my torrents, and a lot of them won't verify. I can "find original", but when I "verify data" nothing happens. It still says I have zero%. I haven't renamed or moved the original files. How can I reconnect the .torrent file to the data file, so they seed properly?
VyseLegendaire

Re: Can't find existing data

Post by VyseLegendaire »

Same problem. I upgraded to 3.0, and several torrents are stuck in this limbo where they are confirmed to be in the destination folder, are complete, but will not verify and list as "data cant be found". For a couple, I remove the torrent, re-add, and attempt to re-check, but nothing is found at all at that point. Don't try to downgrade to previous Transmission either as preferences and torrent files are not compatible anymore.