GUI not working

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
machv5

GUI not working

Post by machv5 »

About a month ago transmission was working normally. I didn't update the application or mess around with any settings. Then the GUI stopped opening at all however I was and am still able to add torrents via browser links without issue and torrents do download but that is all. I have tried repairing the install and installing from scratch, uninstalling and installing and even tried installing 2.94 all to no avail. Regardless of version I still can't see the GUI and hovering over the tab just shows the desktop but no window. And the hover thumbnail is blank instead of showing the last state of the GUI. I am at a loss as to what happened to cause the problem. And it's annoying to have to guess at a torrents progress based on disk usage or by checking to see if the folder has a part file in it or not. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

I'm running Windows 10 (latest pro version and updated to current, 64bit)
Transmission 3.00 64bit from filehorse and tried 2.94 64bit from same source

I will try a 32bit version next from scratch and if still nothing then I will try from different source. I've been using filehorse for years without issue, because they never include junk software into the installer like many other sources.
machv5

Re: GUI not working

Post by machv5 »

Fixed issue.

Deleted folders in AppData/local and ProgramData that still exist after uninstalling. Installed transmission 3.00 x86 version though I doubt that had any impact and that the issue lay in the files left after uninstalling. After which I had to allow firewall access again which I wasn't prompted to do before.

In case anyone suffers the same issue they can follow the steps I did to resolve the issue.