Port check site down message - solution?

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
froggy8188

Port check site down message - solution?

Post by froggy8188 »

Hi all New to the forum but have been using Transmission for years and years.

Only recently, about 2 months ago, my port check site started showing a yellow light and the output states "Port check site down".
I use a VPN, I check port checking sites state that report port is open, but I get barely any upload speed, no leachers. Download are no problem, but barely any upload speeds. And I can clearly see the torrent has plenty of leachers every time. Once in a while it will spike with a surge on a torrent, but then die down again.

Prior to a few months ago, I was blazing uploads with same VPN, nothing has changed on my end at all. VPN company specifically has open ports for torrent traffic.

I realize this has been brought up in a few other discussions, but a solution, if any, was never every provided as far as I can see.

Main thing I am looking for solution to is this "Port check site down" problem. I am hoping someone has a fix for this.

I am running tracker client v3.0 on a Mac running El Captain 10.11.16
It does not matter how many torrents I have seeding.

Thanks a lot in advance.
std01077

Re: Port check site down message - solution?

Post by std01077 »

I too have the same issue in Monterey; external checks indicate that the port is open, and I have also forwarding rules but still get the orange state. I'm not sure in what ways it's affecting downloading or uploading (it might or might not be) but it would be nice if there was some solution to it.
stuckfly

Re: Port check site down message - solution?

Post by stuckfly »

Same problem.
MacOS 12.2.1
Transmission 3.00
Downloads work as always; uploads barely work now.
"Port check site down" implies this is a problem with Transmission's service; not the app. Is the Transmission team working to resolve?