updated to transmission 3.0 on ubuntu 20.04

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
jwhitt12

updated to transmission 3.0 on ubuntu 20.04

Post by jwhitt12 »

I am running with ubuntu 20.04.4

I just installed transmission 3.0 from 2.9?? I think I have a mess. I installed transmission-gtk I can re-boot and it runs. I can also start it with "transmission-btk". I am not sure what is wrong. When I first started with this it couldn't connect. Now, when I start it I no longer get that error. I now got connection failed and no connection with the server. I don't know where to tell transmission where to look for the server. I use usenetserver.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I think I have to do more than just install it. Its been a very long time since I have installed transmission. Thoughts?
jwhitt12

Re: updated to transmission 3.0 on ubuntu 20.04

Post by jwhitt12 »

I am running with ubuntu 20.04.4

I have removed everything that I had installed. I also found that there seems to be different versions of transmission:
cli
Common
Daemon
gtk

I have been using transmission for years but updating to 3.0 has messed it all up and I haven't a clue. My problems all started because transmission couldn't connect and, as far as I could tell there isn't much about that one. I suspect I set something up wrong but there doesn't seem to be much help for that either. There are also any number of sites offering the user to install transmission. Each one seems different and I have no idea which I should use to install with. Some offer one thing and then some of other ones as well. This confuses.

I would appreciate any suggestions offered with gratitude.