Transmissionic Web Interface

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
killemov

Re: Transmissionic Web Interface

Post by killemov »

6c65726f79 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:02 pm For now it only works on pages that contain a magnet link. I can't share torrent site here, but for example on this page it will work: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet_URI_scheme

In the next version it will also work with torrent file links.
For magnets there is a standard way to handle them. As implemented in Shift. Take a look at the source for some inspiration.
6c65726f79

Post by 6c65726f79 »

killemov wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:15 am For magnets there is a standard way to handle them. As implemented in Shift. Take a look at the source for some inspiration.
Thank you for this information, I wasn't aware of this feature. Unfortunately, it seems that it's only supported by Firefox, so it's not a perfect universal solution. I think I'll stay with the bookmarklet solution because it also allows to handle torrent links, but thanks anyway for your suggestion!

Btw good job for your Web UI and maintaining it for 10 years, that's impressive!

Edit: My bad, registerProtocolHandler seems to be supported by other browsers too, so I will take a look to handle magnet links properly, thank you again!
killemov

Post by killemov »

6c65726f79 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:58 pm Btw good job for your Web UI and maintaining it for 10 years, that's impressive!

Edit: My bad, registerProtocolHandler seems to be supported by other browsers too, so I will take a look to handle magnet links properly, thank you again!
And thank you for putting a ★ on it! Good luck!
sunnyape@gmail.com

Post by sunnyape@gmail.com »

I just tried Transmissionic on Win10 64 bit. Quite responsive and reasonably intuitive, and it's nice to have an alternative.

I'd like to make the following UI suggestions:

1. Provide a pop-up on a mouseover on the buttons to explain what the button does. For example, there is a small button at the bottom of the screen that looks like a speedometer, with no explanation what pushing it does. All that happens is a little message 'Success' appears and the button turns blue. Also, the icon is counter-intuitive, as an activated speedometer normally means "Going faster", but in your UI it means "Going slower"

2. In the Compact view mode, reduce the amount of white space between the torrents. Even with a fairly large screen, only about 14 torrents can be seen at once. In apps like Transmission QT, 45-50 torrents can be seen at once. Alternatively, make a 'very compact' mode that omits all the up / down rates per torrent.
yopnono

Post by yopnono »

Hi.

just a question? Why/what happen with the webui size.
It went from 1.43 MB in ver 1.62. And now in ver 1.71 to 6.62 MB