how to select specific files from a torrent?

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
acidicer

how to select specific files from a torrent?

Post by acidicer »

Not finding this option in Transmission's interface. How do I select particular files from a torrent to download?
BlueKnight

Re: how to select specific files from a torrent?

Post by BlueKnight »

acidicer wrote:Not finding this option in Transmission's interface. How do I select particular files from a torrent to download?
1.When you add a torrent it gives you the possibility to choose what files will be downloaded.
2.To choose specific files after the torrent is added just click on the torrent to open the menu, then go to "Properties > Tab Files > Choose what files you want".

If it's not like this, please tell what version you are using... Thanks!
RandomTroll

Post by RandomTroll »

I use transmission-cli 2.84 in Linux. How do I download only specific files?

I started downloading a torrent. It went quickly for a while then nearly-stalled at 28.7%, adding about .1% daily. I only want about 10% of the files but couldn't figure out how to choose specific files. 'Cause it went so quickly to start I didn't mind, but now I do.
RandomTroll

Post by RandomTroll »

I ran transmission-gtk, which allowed me to edit the torrent file. When I run transmission-cli it respects those edits.
begin29

Post by begin29 »

transmission-cli in most useful if you install transition on remote machine(home server etc. ) and would like to download any files there.
I add also web Ui for visually see what it is going on in remote machine torrents.
There also is option to restrict files from download.
tonystang2727

Post by tonystang2727 »

If you use uTorrent to download torrents though, you can selectively pick out which file it is you want to download from a large torrent file. Here’s how:
Open uTorrent and under the Options menu, select Show Detailed Info. This will enable a pane to appear at the bottom of the list of active, queued, or seeding torrents.

Next, find the torrent file you want to download and start the download. Once the initial check is complete though, pause the download and click the Files tab in the Detailed Info pane. Here you can see a complete list of files included in the torrent file.
Each file in that torrent is listed along with its size and name. Right-click the file you don’t need and select ‘Don’t Download’. In the Priority column, this file’s status will read ‘Skip’. Repeat for all files you don’t want to download and then resume downloading the torrent.
dwayne22

Post by dwayne22 »

after downloading the torrent file open it up and it will give you an option to select which files to download
cfpp2p

Re: How to migrate bulk torrents from uTorrent to Transmission?

Post by cfpp2p »

Vern987 wrote:Hi,
I am trying to move torrents sharing task from old winXP PC to NAS D-Link Dns-323. I have 300 Torrent files in uTorrent on which DNS i am using the transmission. Do anyone has a idea about, how to migrate all the 300 files??? from uTorrent to tramsmission in a automatic or non-automatic way.
Here is a tool, but I know nothing about using it. https://github.com/mikedld/bt-migrate/i ... -301887660
minegroasprilla

Post by minegroasprilla »

I like Transmission but it is out of date since May... we need new updates.
Metarob

Post by Metarob »

BlueKnight wrote: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:37 pm
acidicer wrote:Not finding this option in Transmission's interface. How do I select particular files from a torrent to download?
1.When you add a torrent it gives you the possibility to choose what files will be downloaded.
2.To choose specific files after the torrent is added just click on the torrent to open the menu, then go to "Properties > Tab Files > Choose what files you want".

If it's not like this, please tell what version you are using... Thanks!
There isn't a Properties menu item.