Cannot find the copy of the .torrent files on Mac

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
Yorda

Cannot find the copy of the .torrent files on Mac

Post by Yorda »

Hi all,

I am about to get a new computer soon (MacBook Pro) and would like to transfer all my Transmission files (.torrent, and anything else relevant) onto a hard drive to then copy that on the new laptop and keep all my films active to seed.

However I can't find any folder related to Transmission, outside of one when doing a right click on the app icon and selecting "Display content of the package", but I don't see anything relevant there. Would you happen to know how and where I can find these files on Mac? Or generally speaking, if you know any other way to transfer your torrents onto a new laptop to keep them seeding?

Thank you!
darmok

Re: Cannot find the copy of the .torrent files on Mac

Post by darmok »

Transmission's local data is stored in "~/Library/Application Support/Transmission"

I'd use Migration Assistant - it does a great job of transferring everything into a new Mac.
Yorda

Post by Yorda »

Thanks for the reply darmok. Unfortunately, I don't have any "Transmission" folder in Application Support. I've tried to display hidden files, but no luck here either. Same by using the search engine.

Thank you for the tip for Migration Assistant, it looks very easy!
darmok

Post by darmok »

For some annoying reason, Apple made the user Library folder invisible...

Be sure you're looking in the user library folder, not the system's. IOW you want ~/Library, not /Library

From Finder, pull down the GO menu. If it has a Library entry (depends on your vers of macOS), then hit that. Otherwise select "Go to folder..." and paste the full directory's name there.