Incomplete files work but finished Downloads goto different folder

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
waruta

Incomplete files work but finished Downloads goto different folder

Post by waruta »

As mentioned in the title, I am running Transmission on a Pi4 OSMC, installed from the app store in OSMC.
All permissions on an external HDD are there, the owner is osmc.

I changed the settings via the .json file (sudo nano /home/osmc/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json) to point to the external HDD for both
Incomplete and Downloads folders, it automatically made the Incomplete folder and started downloading. After it finished downloading, it for some reason sent the file to the microSD card housing the OSMC file system which is not ideal.

I've set both Incomplete and Downloads the same, but for some reason when a torrent is downloading the "Set File Location" is always the OSMC root.
I can't seem to change it or make it work properly.
trans.JPG
trans.JPG (41.24 KiB) Viewed 1271 times
set location
set location
trans2.JPG (67.58 KiB) Viewed 1271 times
json settings
json settings
trans3.JPG (113.62 KiB) Viewed 1271 times
waruta

Re: Incomplete files work but finished Downloads goto different folder

Post by waruta »

Update:

Well it got weird. I tried copy/pasting the Incomplete folder path and deleting a couple characters so it was "/media/IronWolf4TB/Incom" and that worked.

Then I tried changing it to Downloads - didn't work, was still showing the "set location" as "Incom"
Changed it to Download - didn't work.

Changed it to "Downloaded" - boom! works.
For some reason it doesn't like the terms Download or Downloads.

Of course every time I did this I stopped the service and then modified the json file then started it up again and tried a new magnet link.
Also for good measure did not have the external HDD folder open over the SMB share on my Windows PC.

I guess its fixed but sure is some weird naming behavior.
killemov

Re: Incomplete files work but finished Downloads goto different folder

Post by killemov »

I don't know for sure but there might be a check on the paths to ensure the download/incomplete paths are different.