Transmission hanging up during Open

Ask for help and report issues with the Windows version of Transmission
NetworkingNoob

Transmission hanging up during Open

Post by NetworkingNoob »

Hello everyone. I love TransmissionBt it cured me of the bittorrents and utorrents of the past not to mention the old school p2p programs. Everything about it is slick and to the point without any bloatware. The only problem I have is when I open it for the first time the Transmission window popsup stays white and the loading circle for the mouse begins on Windows 10 x64. This can last anywhere from 5 to 10minutes sometimes longer.

When I look at task manager the transmissionbt process shows the disk usage constantly changing from 1.5MB/s to 2.5 MB/s.

I have around 3000 torrents and seeding is turned off in case it is causing it to hang up but it is not. Eventually it starts but it definately takes longer than I would like. On my laptop with about 100 torrents the program opens up instantly.

Is this a common feature for it to hang up with this many torrents or is something else wrong?

I've switched between the x64 and x86 versions but the same issue occurs.
NetworkingNoob

Re: Transmission hanging up during Open

Post by NetworkingNoob »

For those with a similar issue I reset the data cables from the x12 10TB HDDs and the program now opens up in about 10 seconds.