Start torrent, clients loaded, removed, reloaded, repeat

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
donelson52

Start torrent, clients loaded, removed, reloaded, repeat

Post by donelson52 »

When I start a torrent, I get a list of many CLIENTS (ten or more full seeders) that show 0 data transfer, then they all disappear, then reappear, then disappear, and finally after a long time, start to send data

This is very frustrating and time consuming

What am I doing wrong?
donelson52

Re: Start torrent, clients loaded, removed, reloaded, repeat

Post by donelson52 »

2017 iMac 27" 5K, 4.2 GHz Intel i7 Kaby Lake, 24 GB RAM, 1TB internal SSPOLARIS 4x NVMe SSD as boot volume, 4TB internal Crucial SATA SSD, Radeon Pro 580 with 8 GB vram, MacOS Monterey 12.x latest
killemov

Re: Start torrent, clients loaded, removed, reloaded, repeat

Post by killemov »

donelson52 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:23 pm What am I doing wrong?
Not mentioning the client app your using, but I guess from the follow-up post you use the MacOS version of Transmission.
donelson52 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:44 am 2017 iMac 27" 5K, 4.2 GHz Intel i7 Kaby Lake, 24 GB RAM, 1TB internal SSPOLARIS 4x NVMe SSD as boot volume, 4TB internal Crucial SATA SSD, Radeon Pro 580 with 8 GB vram, MacOS Monterey 12.x latest
This may be a network issue, but it could be something completely different or benign. How long does it take for a torrent to actually start downloading? Is that about the same for all your torrents?

Is the term "clients" actually used in the interface? I think that should be peers.