ALL Torrent Clients WILL NOT OPEN on my Mac

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
limeygringo

ALL Torrent Clients WILL NOT OPEN on my Mac

Post by limeygringo »

I've downloaded bittorrent, utorrent and transmission and they won't open! I click on them and they flash in the dock for a second before disappearing and nothing happens. No error message or nothing. All my other application work fine. If they are for the wrong OS, then there's usually a message. I do have OS X 10.4.11 for what it's worth, but Im sure that's not the problem in and of itself as I've doublechecked that I've downloaded compatible versions.

It seems and acts like my computer might have a bug that's preventing them from opening, which is unusual and probably illegal somehow. I can understand an ISP stopping an actual torrent download from happening, but why the hell won't ANY client open? OR is Apple/itunes responsible some how? I've heard of weird activities being allowed when you agree to itunes conditions (other than agreeing to be a human centipede, ha)
r0n1n

Re: ALL Torrent Clients WILL NOT OPEN on my Mac

Post by r0n1n »

Are you using 1.54? 1.54 is the last version of Transmission that will run on 10.4.

You can download 1.54 here: https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/PreviousReleases
limeygringo

Post by limeygringo »

Yeah I'm using 1.54. This is a problem with ALL clients. It's really got to be some kind of anti torrent bug.
limeygringo

Post by limeygringo »

x190 wrote:
limeygringo wrote:Yeah I'm using 1.54. This is a problem with ALL clients. It's really got to be some kind of anti torrent bug.
Do you have the following security update installed?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1249
Yeah, I ought to have it since the software updater is recommending an ever newer version. Why do you ask, is it because of a possible thorn up Steve Jobs ass or could it be something else that the security update will clear?