NAS reboot gives "No data found" error.

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
bradpaulp

NAS reboot gives "No data found" error.

Post by bradpaulp »

Hi, I am running Transmission 2.33 (12565) on OSX Lion 10.7.1
I have a western digital my book live connected on my network and I am able to download from transmission to the network hard drive no problem.
The problem is, If I have to restart my Mac, when I remount the network share "public" which is where its all downloaded to, I get the annoying : "Error: No Data Found! Ensure your drives are connected or use "Move Data File To..."

The data files have not moved anywhere on the hard drive.
Im am about 2 months new to using OSX, so the only thing I can think of is that there is a problem when the drive is mounted each time upon reboot where transmission does not recognize it as the same path. I have my Network drive set to a static IP so it never changes.
I really don't understand why it gives a problem.
Also worth noting, I click on the "Move data file to..." and select the share again - nothing. I have also tried selecting a different folder thats its clearly not on and then point/move it to the network share again, still nothing. I tried tricking it I suppose.
This is very annoying and also does not let me seed properly !

Also on the side note, does anyone know how to have OSX auto mount the network share and login in as ADMIN ?
I have a script that automatically loads the public drive, but it logs me in as guest which causes some problems also.
bradpaulp

Re: NAS reboot gives "No data found" error.

Post by bradpaulp »

Thank you for replying.
Ok I downloaded a nightly build of Transmission 2.4
As a test of moving data files, I believe maybe Im doing it all wrong anyway.

For instance I have my folders setup under the Share (Folder) as "Shared Movies".
Within that contains a folder for each movie. Well one movie that JUST finished downloading in transmission was just one file. I created a folder for that file, dropped the file into that folder, quit transmission, reopened transmission and now its telling me no data found.

Im not really sure where I should be pointing.
NAS or not, I think its just not finding it correctly.
I pointed it to the MAIN "SHARED MOVIES" folder where all the folders are, nothing.
I pointed it to the FOLDER of the movie name itself, still nothing.
Each time I clicked "Verify Local Data" also.
Should I be having the .torrent file saved in the folders?

If you'd like I can provide some screenshots to you if need be.
bradpaulp

Re: NAS reboot gives "No data found" error.

Post by bradpaulp »

Well I do believe I know PART of the problem if not all.
I don't like the way the torrents save for instance it will create a folder called "This.Is.The.Folder.Name.2011"
Drives me nuts, so once its finished downloading, I rename the folder for cleanup.
I think that is the problem !
I renamed the folders back to the way its typed in Transmission (CAse SENsitive) and voila, its seeding again.
Very weird, and annoying and stupid mistake on my part haha...

I wonder if I can just change the name of the folder from the beginning somehow.
Also it seems if you change ANY of the files inside that folder, either name of it or remove them, it will error also.

Seems like a pretty n00b thing.