Problem With Maximum Active Downloads

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
stevenmw

Problem With Maximum Active Downloads

Post by stevenmw »

If you change the maximum active downloads it doesn't always take affect until you close out Transmission and open it again.. I decreased my maximum number allowed and started some paused torrent, but it acted like I was allowing an unlimited amount of active torrents. This too was solved by closing out and restarting Transmission. If I start a paused torrent and it exceeds my set number of allowed active downloads it will start to download despite that instead of being put in queue. I fix it just like I said to above.Is anyone else having this issue? It started after updating to 2.80.
dwdockins

Re: Problem With Maximum Active Downloads

Post by dwdockins »

My problem exactly. 2.80 has introduced a variety of user-befuddling bugs. Further, I strongly believe that terminology gets in the way when discussions like this erupt.

I don't find ANY setting in Transmission which specifically controls "Maximum Active Downloads".

So... which SPECIFIC parameter setting are you referring to???

Thanks, dwdockins
blacke4dawn

Post by blacke4dawn »

I'm fairly sure he is talking about the queue system since it will only count active torrents towards the max allowed, and from the fact that it "happens" when he starts torrents.
stevenmw

Post by stevenmw »

blacke4dawn wrote:I'm fairly sure he is talking about the queue system since it will only count active torrents towards the max allowed, and from the fact that it "happens" when he starts torrents.
Correct. Go to preferences, look under Download Queue, Maximum active downloads:

It's not a huge issue, just curious if I'm the only one. Just wanted to point out this issue.

2.80 is a bit buggy, I notice the more I use it, but I'm not complaining. Still the best torrent program by far!
dcorban

Post by dcorban »

Transmission has had problems like this since I started using it years ago. I am still dumbfounded that a setting to control the total maximum active transfers hasn't been added. Instead, we have individual seed and download limits, which is confusing and ineffective.

I also have a problem with Transmission seeding more than is selected in the maximum seeds setting, but I am not sure if it is a bug or just bad implementation of the limit.