Corrupting Torrent Data

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
josephj

Corrupting Torrent Data

Post by josephj »

I recently completed downloading a torrent with a bunch of mp3 files in it. I then loaded them into Amarok (while still seeding) and listened to a little of each track to see if they were all good - which they were.

A little while later, Transmission reported that the torrent data was corrupted. I re-verified it and ended up with around 92%.

I did not knowingly alter any ID3 tags or alter the data in any way.

Any idea what happened?

I have never had a problem like this before except when I forget that something is still seeding and alter file names or ID3 tags.

It is very unlikely that this is any problem with Transmission. I just want to know what may have happened so I can avoid it in the future.

Joe

Transmission 2.51 Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.14.2 Amarok 2.8.0

I'm using an old version of Transmission because 2.84 crashed on all menu accesses for some reason and 2.51 was the next lower version I could find already in a deb/repo. 2.51 only crashes if I try to access the Speed tab. I'm working on a clean install in another partition with much newer versions of everything, but it's not ready for prime time.