moving (partial) completed torrents to other directory

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
blami

moving (partial) completed torrents to other directory

Post by blami »

Hi,
I am new to Transmission (using transmission-daemon on my NAS and connecting to it using GTK remote) and I was trying to set it up the way that torrents that are completed (no further downloading needed, only seeding) will be moved into a different directory (e.g. ./complete). I found the appropriate setting in settings.json:

Code: Select all

"download-dir": "/tank/fast/t/complete",
"incomplete-dir": "/tank/fast/t/inprogress",
"incomplete-dir-enabled": true,
This works well and completed torrents are being moved to complete dir. However, today I've been doing just partial download (I've picked just some files from torrent filelist and others thus changed priority to skip). In that case Transmission never moves download, even in situation all non-skipped files are 100% downloaded and torrent is (for me) "complete". I sort of understand this situation, but for my purpose this is a bit impractical. I was using several other clients in past, and all of them moved such downloads. Is this intended behavior or is there any chance to get e.g. settings.json switch to move also torrents that are in this state? If such switch exists already, please tell me. I was not able to find it in docs...

Thanks in advance!