403 forbidden unauthorised IP

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
King of the Town

403 forbidden unauthorised IP

Post by King of the Town »

Hi All, I'm new here and relatively new to linux also so apologies for any lack of knowledge. I have searched for a solution but none of the previous 403 solutions are working for me.

Basically I have transmission running perfectly on a raspberry pi B+ running raspmbc, I set it all up in minutes and had no problems, didn't even do the permission settings and fixed mounting of the drive that is recommended in the setup guides. In the last few days I've upgraded to a pi2 and have installed OSMC and wanted to get transmission running again and I have had nothing but trouble getting lots of permission problems which I never had before. Transmission basically would not run, either giving access denied or failed to start.

I finally thought I had it solved and got it running, went to the my ip/9091 and it worked then rebooted and tried to access again but got the 403 error and have been getting it ever since. I have edited my

$ /etc/transmission-daemon/settings.json

and have set

"rpc-whitelist-enabled": False,

Yet I keep getting the error, its like its ignoring the settings file. I have made sure transmission was disabled when changing setting too. One concern I have is that I tried so many different things with setting permissions (I cant even remember exactly what I have done) that I have changed something somewhere that's causing this but I've no idea what or where.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.