server unavailable every time a file finish to download

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
noext

server unavailable every time a file finish to download

Post by noext »

Hello

I have a weird issue with my transmission server, every time a file finish to download and transmission move it from the incomplete to the completed folder, the server is unavailable until the file transfer is over.

its a know issue ? how i cant prevent that ?
killemov

Re: server unavailable every time a file finish to download

Post by killemov »

Apparently both folders are on different filesystems. A move on the same filesystem is instantaneous. And yes, on systems with lower resources the described behaviour is known to happen. If the system is really stressed it might even kill your transmission.
noext

Post by noext »

killemov wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:09 am Apparently both folders are on different filesystems. A move on the same filesystem is instantaneous. And yes, on systems with lower resources the described behaviour is known to happen. If the system is really stressed it might even kill your transmission.
both folders are on the same disk ( a 2tb nvme ) with a 16 cores ryzen cpu
killemov

Post by killemov »

Same disk != same filesystem. It looks like your setup is copying + deleting the content instead of a low-level filesystem move. As your drive is so fast the throughput is probably stalling all other IO-operations. What filesystem(s) are you using anyway?
noext

Post by noext »

its a standard debian system running transmission on a standar docker configuration
killemov

Post by killemov »

noext wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:19 pm ... docker ...
You should have lead with this. So can I assume you have EXT4 as your filesystem, since it is the default?
In the settings.json, what are the values for "download-dir" and "incomplete-dir"?
Oh, and do you have a post download script enabled?