Transferring Torrents from qBittorent

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Senorgif2

Transferring Torrents from qBittorent

Post by Senorgif2 »

Hello all,
I am having a problem getting torrents to actually download. I am using transmission via docker on a headless debian OS, managed via webui and a remote client. I am migrating my torrenting off my desktop PC. On my desktop I use qBittorrent. qBittorrent makes a backup of all currently active torrents at any given time which is handy for migrations. I have done this a few times before when replacing an HDD. I was thinking that I could simply copy these into a watch folder and transmission would download as normal. While transmission does pick up the torrents, and the right metadata, none start downloading. I noticed that all the files added this way do not have trackers. This is probably why they aren't downloading. I think the trackers are not loading because these are technically "qBittorrent torrent" files, and they are hashed or something like that. The file names are hashed at the very least. I'm wondering if there's a way to get the trackers to load for these files. Re-announcing does not help. Thanks in advance.
Senorgif2

Re: Transferring Torrents from qBittorent

Post by Senorgif2 »

after more research I found that qBit splits the torrent info into parts, one is a qBittorrent torrent file, and the other is a fast resume file. The qbittorrent files do not have the tracker information attached which is why nothing would start. The tracker info is put into the fast resume file. I figured out what to do: qBittorrent has an export .torrent feature. You can right click and its in the drop-down menu. (if you have a lot, ctrl+A and right click works) These exported torrents have the tracker info attached and transmission can read and start them.