Multiple “Downloading” files

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
pjd813

Multiple “Downloading” files

Post by pjd813 »

I will normally have around 6 active files that show “Downloading” and a few showing as “Queued for Downloading” and I let them go thru their sequence normally, going from Queued thru Downloading to completion. I have occasionally had some files that were not doing anything in the Downloading state. So I’ve sometimes changed all 15 files maybe up to 20 files that were Queued so that everything in the list was shown as Downloading. This way if any were to “wake up” they would actively download until they didn’t. After a while some would finish and eventually I might give up on some files and simply delete them.
Here is my question. When 20 files are set to “Downloading” are they using any resources when they are showing no seeds and no download speed currently for that file while it’s in the list?
darmok

Re: Multiple “Downloading” files

Post by darmok »

The 0/0 torrents periodically poll their trackers and the distributed hash table, looking for peers.

If you open the Information window and click on the tracker tab, you can see when each tracker will be queried.
pjd813

Post by pjd813 »

If six files are actively downloading does the polling by, say, twelve 0/0 files use up enough resources to impede the downloads? Does my question even make sense?
Thanks!
darmok

Post by darmok »

The bandwidth used by the 0/0 torrents to talk to the trackers is trivial. Just let the 0/0 torrents hang out. Eventually most will find seeders.
pjd813

Post by pjd813 »

Thanks!