transmission on OS2008

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
dbasner

transmission on OS2008

Post by dbasner »

Hey I read on Mameo.org that there is a download of transmission for the nokia N810 internet tablet on OS2008, is the version that i would download on my n810 the linux version?? or something else,
thanks
pipeline

Post by pipeline »

I did the build for maemo 2008 (Nokia n800/n810).

It was a simple build which worked without any code modifications (on latest firmware 2008os).

You can grab the download here :
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/transmission/

More specifically, download the 1.3 build of the OS 2008 version here :
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=509

Thanks to the author for this great app. But he is probably not even aware of the existence of the port so keep that in mind.

This is the original authors website, I just referenced this site to give due credit, not as location to download from.

I will try to answer any questions about this build here.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

Thanks for rolling the Nokia builds!

However I'm not sure I understand the version number... it seems to be moving further away from Transmission's version number as time goes on :)
pipeline

Post by pipeline »

Thank you, for writing such a great portable app.

Yes the more i get to know this project the more i see it is alive and moving! I'll see what i can do to align build numbers somehow now that i will probably be releasing 1:1 updates.

By the way, your interface works great with the Internet Tablet. It also enables me to keep the media player (mplayer) which Serge ported, fed well ;) Alot of people will enjoy using this on the 770/800/810... probably 200 so far (from my site in addition to maemo garage), and thats just the latest build... this week...

Thanks again-
Dave
jerryfreak

Re: transmission on OS2008

Post by jerryfreak »

hi im running transmission 1.75 (9117) on my n900, installed it from the extras repository via the device about 2 weeks ago.

did you do this port? I wanted to ask if you know the best place to report bugs

it works great but im getting 100% cpu utilization with just one torrent and the rest of the device is crawling. not sure if this would be related to the port or would be a general transmission issue.

thanks!
jch

Post by jch »

jerryfreak wrote:im getting 100% cpu utilization with just one torrent and the rest of the device is crawling. not sure if this would be related to the port or would be a general transmission issue.
It's a general transmission issue, and happens on most non-mainstream arches. (To be accurate: on arches on which time is not a vsyscall.)

This is fixed in 1.80.

--Juliusz
jonegomes

Post by jonegomes »

My N800 just downloaded two series, but it seems he's having trouble with a larger file. Its a torrent of 6.4GB, but it contains 20 files not larger than 300MB. I know FAT32 has a limitation of 4GB file size, but this isn't the problem right?
Anybody got any ideas?