Firefox add-on to right click and add torrents from URL

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
godsyn

Re: Firefox add-on to right click and add torrents from URL

Post by godsyn »

What version of transmission are you running? This is very outdated, and will not work with newer versions of transmission without server-side scripting (as the API was removed when combining clutch with transmission).
WardenDios

Post by WardenDios »

Thanks for a quick reply!

I have just installed 1.50, so I guess that is the problem.

So, is there no way that I can right-click on a .torrent URL and send it to the Transmission client?

WD
godsyn

Post by godsyn »

Sadly, no. Not yet. It is slated to be added back.

In the mean time, I have created a PHP script that will add the function back, but requires a web server and PHP running on the server.

If you are interested, please see: http://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewtop ... f=2&t=5568
Gimp
Web Interface Developer

Post by Gimp »

1.5x has had add-torrent by url re-added. This add-on can now be made to work with 1.5x and trunk.
godsyn

Post by godsyn »

Gimp wrote:1.5x has had add-torrent by url re-added. This add-on can now be made to work with 1.5x and trunk.
AWESOME! off to work on it now.
... Update:
Any chance of getting this to work via "GET" as well?
BELzEBUB

Post by BELzEBUB »

hazelir wrote:How to save your Firefox bookmarks on your computer? I'm having some problems with Firefox, so I want to uninstall it and then reinstall it. But I want to save all my bookmarks, so can I save my bookmarks to my computer, and then import them back to Firefox once I reinstall it? Thanks for the help.
you can reinstall firefox without losing your bookmarks because they are saved in your user profile not in the program files. But its possible to ex- and reimport your bookmarks. Go to bookmarks->manage bookmarks->export to HTML (i don't know exactly where this menupoint can be found in the windows version because I'm using the Mac version of Firefox).