WebUI with file list - now fully functional

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
cheongseeker

Re: WebUI with file list - now fully functional

Post by cheongseeker »

Hi duncanbeevers,

What is the difference between fschaeckermann's version and your version. I had tested both and cannot see the difference between both.

Cheers.
duncanbeevers

Post by duncanbeevers »

They are essentially the same on the front end. The primary differences are:

My version applies cleanly to the trunk web ui. svn://svn.m0k.org/Transmission/trunk/web
My version polls less frequently for full file information, making it more appropriate for low bandwidth environments.
My version is based on fschaeckermann's, but heavily restructures the code.
My version supports displaying the files for newly-added torrents without a page refresh.
My version displays only the files for selected torrents.
My version swaps the position of the "low-priority" and "high-priority" controls, bringing them into line with the positions used by the Mac GUI.

So, primarily performance and code style changes. The main reason I made these changes was to get the features introduced by fschaeckermann integrated into the official transmission web-ui.
cheongseeker

Post by cheongseeker »

hi duncanbeevers,

Thanks for your reply. Now I understand the difference. Is revision 28 the latest?

Cheers.
duncanbeevers

Post by duncanbeevers »

28 is the latest, incorporating toolbar ui changes as well as per-file prioritization. If the new look isn't to your liking, you can check out at revision 25.

Revision 26 updates the ui to match the 1.40 version of the mac client, as explained in this thread.

Revisions 27 and 28 add animation to the filter bar and inspector panes.
aleph

Post by aleph »

r26 iPhone version is missing buttons. I'm happy with no work happening on the iPhone version (because I don't really need ay more functionality), but with your mod I cant really do anything.

I'm happy to test, but I don't have any skills to point out what the issues might be.
duncanbeevers

Post by duncanbeevers »

Sorry for this, my friend is bringing his iPhone over tonight for me to test on. I'll keep y'all updated.
cheongseeker

Post by cheongseeker »

Hi duncanbeevers,

I've downloaded revision 28 and it sure looks cool. Very nice. Great work. :clap:
rb338

Post by rb338 »

Absolutely fantastic work on the web interface! :)

However, I use the iPhone interface even more... and now I'm really missing the pause/remove buttons. Any news on that? And while I'm at it: any plans to extend the iPhone interface as well? I can imagine that it's possible to create a neat interface with the sliding etc, for example tapping a torrent will make it show the file list where you set priorities, up/download speeds, etc. Kind of the same stuff that's in the regular interface. Complete with the native iPhone back-button on the top left would really make it look good.

Maybe it's an idea to use a pre-made iPhone web app framework? I'm sure I've seen them around, but I don't know if it'd make things easier. Just an idea :)

I'd be happy to test anything new you've got by the way. I'm running my Transmission on a CH3SNAS (network hard disk with Linux) and of course an iPhone 3G.

Once again, great work :clap:
duncanbeevers

Post by duncanbeevers »

I've put off tinkering on the iphone interface in order to make some heavy modifications to the underlying dispatcher. The main goals for me at this point are to smooth out request frequency and stop requesting redundant data.

I'll see if I can squeeze in some time to hack on the iphone interface, since it's clearly completely busted in my trunk version. My intention was to simply gut the old iphone-specific UI and replace it with the smaller mac-like UI seen in the trunk version. Any feelings one way or the other about it?
rb338

Post by rb338 »

The new interface looks very nice, although I'm not sure if the new (smaller) buttons aren't too difficult to touch on an iPhone. I think it'll be alright though and it certainly looks a lot better :)
aleph

Post by aleph »

I would also prefer relatively large buttons for the iPhone interface. It would be good if they were scaled to an appropriate size, with 5 buttons on the toolbar. Usually you can just pinch/double-tap zoom if you need to click small links, but due to the structure of the clutch page, there isn't anything to intelligently zoom in to.

Personally, I think that inspector and preferences are secondary to getting the main 5 buttons working and easy to use. This is the only thing currently holding me back from using your version.
micro77

Post by micro77 »

thanks to fschaeckermann and duncanbeevers
i using your webgui.
its very good working.
are you try add to webgui " connected ip list " ?

thanx again
best regards
micro
micro77

Post by micro77 »

hi
i think add a funtcion ;
"if ratio is 1.0 or large stop seeding "
is this impossible ?

micro
bollywood

Post by bollywood »

Is this going to make it into the release version soon.
duncanbeevers

Post by duncanbeevers »

Work is ongoing on a rebuild of the web interface with lots of neat features. Contributions welcome!

I don't think the interface discussed in this branch is going into the core Transmission distribution, but the rewrite likely will, which will include all the features of the original web interface and more. Hope everyone isn't too disappointed!