Progress bar for moving data files

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
justn

Progress bar for moving data files

Post by justn »

Here's the scenario: When I click on a torrent's folder icon and select "Move Data File To..." and select the destination to be another external hard drive, this operation takes quite some time. Especially if it is a large data file (multiple GB in my case). During the time that Transmission is moving the data, it appears to hang. However, I know that its a large file that has to be moved to an external disk, thus making Transmission appear to hang. An average user may be perplexed or become impatient and try force quitting the app, causing consequences unknown to me (possibly a loss of data or data corruption).

A solution to this problem would be to add a progress bar for when data files are being moved.
aleph

Re: Progress bar for moving data files

Post by aleph »

I would also like to see a feature like this.

I am not sure how hard a progress bar is to implement, so I would be perfectly happy with any other visual indication that the file move is happening. Currently it just seems like the app is stalled, and I can see an instance when a user might try to force quit the app because they think its frozen.
devenish

Re: Progress bar for moving data files

Post by devenish »

I agree. And this problem has been outstanding for many versions.