Love Transmission but...

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
Eneq

Love Transmission but...

Post by Eneq »

Hi folks

I recently setup a server and looked around for a console based BT client and found Transmission, this is my first go at it and I loved the client and its features. The iPhone web ui was a definitie treat!

So it all looks to go well but I was seeing performance problems compared to previous clients I have used so I did the normal stuff, fiddleing with the router ports (use 2 routers due to TWC stupid SBG900 product) but to no avail. I then also tried the beta5 out of svn and tried to tweak the settings to see if I could resolve it but no luck.

Single download of torrents like Ubuntu isos etc where blazingly fast but with torrents with made leechers I had serious problems. It seemed like the DL would go well for some time and then degrade and I would loose peers.

Having DL speeds below 100k is unfortunately not something I can live with so I installed and am running the hog Azureus in headless mode and unfortunately my speed is where it should be ie. >600k.

I however do like Transmission a lot as I said so ill check back now and then.

Not sure this information is interesting but thought I should share.

Regards, Q
volenin

Re: Love Transmission but...

Post by volenin »

Interestingly, have exactly the same experience! The downloads are starting relatively fast, but after a while they just die down!!! Tried deluge - works as expected - no slowdown during the whole time of the download...