upload question.....

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
twinkerzzz

upload question.....

Post by twinkerzzz »

hi
i just uploaded my first torrent file using transmission - i seemed to get through but ran into a problem at:

I did everything and the created torrent file was uploaded to the site and the announce page of the torrent was created.
I then downloaded the .torrent file from the announce page - which seems to be a passkey issue procedure that is common with completing any uploading process now days.

BUT then
1. - i was stuck with a .torrent file from the announce page.
2. - the media files i had used to create the torrent file using Transmission - were located in a directory of their own.
3. - my usual Transmission download location directory.
So when i added the .torrent file i had downloaded from the newly created announce page to Transmission nothing was happening.

What i did was COPIED the media files used to create the torrent announce page into my Transmission download directory and then did a transfers>verify local data check on the .torrent file i had had to download from the newly created announce page and dropped into Transmission.

This seemed to complete the process.

So
2 questions:
Did i need to copy the media files into my Transmission download location directory at all ? - implying that the .torrent file i downloaded and dropped into transmission from the newly created announce page would have located the media files even if they were not in the Tranmission dowload location directory when i ran a transfer>verify local data on it ?
OR should i have loacted the files i wanted to upload in my Transmission download location directory in the first place & as a rule ?

You've not quite explained this bit in yr intstructions....any clarification much appreciated...

twzz