Progress bar for allocating disk space

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
jweber

Progress bar for allocating disk space

Post by jweber »

When I add a large torrent to Transmission, it tends to lock up a lot during the first few minutes. The user interface becomes unresponsive, and I get the spinning beachball cursor. I'm guessing this is because it's allocating disk space for some of the large files, which takes time. It would be nice to have some sort of progress bar or message, so it doesn't look like the application is frozen.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Re: Progress bar for allocating disk space

Post by Jordan »

jweber wrote:When I add a large torrent to Transmission, it tends to lock up a lot during the first few minutes. The user interface becomes unresponsive, and I get the spinning beachball cursor. I'm guessing this is because it's allocating disk space for some of the large files, which takes time. It would be nice to have some sort of progress bar or message, so it doesn't look like the application is frozen.
What version of Transmission are you using? This should actually be a lot faster in 1.50 than it was in 1.42.
jweber

Post by jweber »

Just upgraded to 1.5. I haven't spent enough time with it to see if it takes as long as the last version.
Etabeeta

Post by Etabeeta »

I would also like a progress bar for this. Even though it's faster it still takes time if you have a couple of GBs.