Re-Seeding Torrents (1.50)

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Rasch

Re-Seeding Torrents (1.50)

Post by Rasch »

So I have scoured the site for a walkthrough on how to re seed a torrent.

I keep my completed files in one folder and keep the torrent in another. After I have removed it from my list how do I put it back on without downloading it again?

I have tried to direct it to the folder in which my files are in but it says "the root data directory should be inside the destination directory" I can get it to seed but it reads -100%.

Someone please help, I would really like to start seeding some of my old stuff.
Debu

Re: Re-Seeding Torrents (1.50)

Post by Debu »

Rasch

Post by Rasch »

Thanks for the reply but I am still having issues. I can now get it to verify information but I cannot however get it to seed. If it checks the info it still either goes to -100% or 0%. Even when it verfies data it still wants to download.

I will work on it some more but there has to be an easy way to get through this.
Debu

Post by Debu »

Did you read and follow the steps carefully?

For example:
Did you change the default location preference?
Did you change the names of the files that do not verify?

You haven't provided much further information on what you did or didn't do, so I can only guess that you're having problems with the above two things.

I've done it quite a few times. Maybe I missed something, but I tried to write the steps clearly and warn of the possible pitfalls.